Recently we had the opportunity to become a part of the Julia Buckley Fitness Rockstars collective. If you haven’t heard of this before then this is what it’s all about:
‘The Fitness Rockstars are a collective of people with a mission to make the world a healthier, happier place.
We’re not professional athletes, or even what many would consider typical “fitness people”, but we all appreciate the privilege of having the ability to move our bodies and we’ve all experienced having our worlds rocked by the astounding difference fitness and health has made to our lives.’
I’ve never really liked working out in the gym but if you’ve read my Fitness for Fatherhood posts then you’ll know I really want to get fit again. Julia’s Online Gym is the perfect thing for me as I don’t have to feel self conscious about working out!
So, in order to get to know some of the other members better, Julia asked us to answer some questions for a bit of fun!
1. For me, fitness is all about: Staying healthy in order to prolong my life, and to maintain the ability to live as active a life as possible for as long as possible. It is also about having fun.
2. I get most excited to do my workout when: The weather is nice if I am training outside, or if I am training towards a specific purpose and I can see that I am making progress.
3. When a workout really pushes me to my limit, I think to myself: I couldn’t do this a year ago, I am going to do this again tomorrow and push that little bit harder.
4. I’m most likely to skip my workout if: I am feeling down for whatever reason, or if I don’t feel I am making progress.
5. In a group fitness session I’ll be the one who: Stays quiet but works hardest, in my own way.
6. The item of exercise equipment I’d most hate to go without is: My dumbbells as they are the only equipment I own.
7. The last thing I usually do before starting my workout is: Have a stretch out.
8. My top 5 workout music tracks are: Insomnia by Faithless, Wretches and Kings by Linkin Park, Till I collapse by Eminem, Any Dubstep, Coming Undone by Korn
9. If I start feeling meh about fitness I give myself a boost by: Signing up to a running race or cycling event. Find someone I can workout with.
10. The most important thing I’ve learned about fitness in the last year is: How hard it is to gain and how easy it is to lose.
If, like me, you want to do something a bit different, be sure to check out the JuliaBFit online gym for yourself and see what’s on offer!
You can also follow our journey with Julia, and the other Rockstars on social media by searching #FitnessRockstars
This post contains affiliate links. All opinions are my own.