AD | Collaborative post
Protecting our skin from the dangers it is exposed to every day and keeping it nourished and hydrated can keep us looking young and feeling healthy, but finding skincare products that actually work can be a chore because mask, cream and lotion manufacturers often make lofty claims they can’t back up.
Enter the Illuminating Micro Exfoliating Mask from the Swiss skincare company VerdiLab— and it is one of the few products out there I’ve found actually lives up to its promises. The VerdiLab mask combines the benefits of physical exfoliation with gentle biological acids to remove dead cells, unclog pores and leave skin smooth and glowing.
Here’s the lowdown…
What Does It Do?
From UV rays to pollution, your skin faces danger at every turn. Our skin produces a yellow oily substance called sebum to protect it from environmental damage, but the way we live today can cause it to make too much. This is what clogs our pores and ruins our complexions, and a build-up of dead skin cells only makes things worse. Exfoliating regularly is the best way to handle this problem, but a lot of the most effective products are quite harsh and cannot be used frequently.
This is where VerdiLab’s Illuminating Micro Exfoliating Mask comes in. This mask is extremely effective at getting rid of dead skin cells and reducing sebum secretions, but I’ve found it is gentle enough to use several times each week (and I have very sensitive skin!).
Its seven natural alpha-hydroxy acids are drawn from maple tree extracts, sugar cane and fruits like oranges, lemons and blueberries, and they renew cells and improve hydration without stripping or irritating the skin.
Using the mask nourishes and protects the microbiome that helps our skin to fight its daily battle with the environment, and it also removes irregularities and leaves the skin almost perfectly smooth. Pores become smaller and less noticeable when they are unclogged and the skin produces less sebum, and a gentle exfoliating mask can be used several times each week to support this.
How Do I Use It?
Using the Illuminating Micro Exfoliating Mask made me feel wonderfully indulgent and relaxed and only takes a few minutes to apply it. Here’s how you can use it on yourself:
- Apply: Wash and dry your face and then apply the mask in a thick layer, but be careful to avoid your eyes.
- Wait: Leave the mask on for about five minutes. This gives its natural enzymes a chance to activate.
- Massage: Now that the mask is activated, you can start to gently massage it. Feeling the mask melt away as you massage can be incredibly relaxing.
- Add water: Adding a little water at this point will transform the mask into a smooth milky emulsion.
- Rinse: The last step is to rinse your face thoroughly. This is very easy as the mask washes away effortlessly.
What’s in It?
The Illuminating Micro Exfoliating Mask is so gentle and so effective because of its unique list of ingredients. These ingredients have been selected and formulated carefully to:
- Cleanse: The mask cleanses your skin of pollution and dirt with a gentle complex of plant oils and sugar-esters.
- Soothe: Exfoliating can irritate sensitive skin, but the VerdiLab mask avoids redness and soreness with an herb called Gotu Kola that has been used for centuries to cure skin conditions and treat wounds.
- Renew: Alpha hydroxy acids drawn from sugar cane and maple tree extracts penetrate more deeply and renew and regenerate the skin more effectively because they have smaller molecular structures, and AHAs obtained from fruit moisturize the skin and provide it with lactic acid to prevent wrinkles and reduce fine lines.
- Clear: The mask unclogs pores and restores radiance with mineral-rich French Guérande Salt and natural lychee seeds.
- Detoxify: The mask uses a blend of marine focus (that’s deep-sea goodness!), while green tea extracts give the mask powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The company’s formula provides at least 90% of the recommended daily intake of polyphenols and is rich in mineral salts and trace elements like magnesium and calcium.
- Nourish: The probiotic complex of marine algae that VerdiLab adds to its mask is a superfood for the skin. This marine probiotic complex nourishes and balances your skin’s microbiome, thereby providing strong protection against pollution and helping to restore and repair your skin.
What’s Not in It?
The ingredients skincare and cosmetics companies decide not to put into their products can say almost as much about them as the ingredients they do use. Here are just a few of the things you will not have to worry about with the Illuminating Micro Exfoliating Mask:
- Toxicity: All of the ingredients in the VerdiLab mask are 100% natural and sourced from nature.
- Disappointment: Clinical tests have shown that the mask works on all skin types and is safe to use several times a week.
- Impurities: The Illuminating Micro Exfoliating Mask contains no synthetic polymers, mineral oils, alcohol, silicones, parabens, microplastics or phenoxyethanol.
- Cruelty: VerdiLab never tests its products on animals, and all of its ingredients have been certified cruelty-free by the Vegan Society.
Where Can I Get It?
You can order the Illuminating Micro Exfoliating Mask online by visiting the VerdiLab website. While you are there, you may want to check out some of the company’s other products like a moisturizing probiotic cream that gives the skin a biometric shield against the environment and a vitamin C cellular serum that could revitalize your complexion after just one application.