AD | Collaborative post
Have you ever taken a look at the ingredients in your favorite makeup products? If you have then you should know that there is a laundry list of chemicals that are extremely harmful not just for your skin but for your health.
We all love getting dolled up and throwing on makeup to enhance our beauty every now and again. Some even wear makeup every single day. If you’re wearing makeup regularly, now is as good a time as ever to consider tossing all of your old makeup products and purchasing all organic ones.
6 Reasons to use chemical-free eyeshadow
Interested in making the switch from non-organic to organic? Here are five reasons you should strongly consider the transition.
1. No harmful ingredients – Parabens are a common ingredient found in cosmetic and skincare products that just so happen to also be found in tumors. By choosing chemical-free makeup like eyeshadow, you can rest assured that the products you’re using are paraben-free and that you’re protecting your skin from exposure to a range of other harmful chemicals.
2. Eco-friendly – As is the case with most products that are mass-produced, the production of non-organic makeup products are extremely harmful to the environment. When you choose organic makeup, you’re choosing not to take part in the destruction that mining for materials can cause.
3. Natural fragrance – Artificial fragrances can cause a range of issues including odor-induced headaches and skin reactions. Organic makeup products, on the other hand, natural fragrances reducing your chances of irritations or allergic reactions.
4. Nutrient-dense – Natural makeup not only enhances your appearance but also contains healthy ingredients that are nutrient-dense. For example, fruit extracts, rosehip oil, avocado oil, shea oil, and jojoba oil are natural ingredients that have proven to nourish the skin.
5. Anti-aging – The natural minerals found in chemical-free, organic makeup products have been proven to contain natural protection from the sun which can help you fight the signs of aging.
6. Gentle on skin – If you have sensitive skin, you may have noticed that you tend to break out or itch when you use your non-organic makeup products. Organic makeup, however, is perfect for those with sensitive skin.
Add organic eyeshadow to your makeup bag
Now that you’re this close to making the transition to organic makeup, here are a few of the best organic eyeshadow brands to get you started.
Ecco Bella is gluten-free, chemical-free and vegan. Not to mention, the diverse offering of eyeshadow colors will help you cultivate a versatile and bold look and designed to last all day long.
Honest beauty offer 10 unique eyeshadow shades that will enhance your natural beauty. It is dermatologist tested, cruelty-free, talc-free, and paraben-free.
The third top-selling organic eyeshadow available on the market is Honeybee Gardens. A product that is kind to the environment, Honeybee Gardens eyeshadow is paraben-free, gluten-free, vegan and contains all-natural ingredients.
Transitioning from makeup that you’ve worn all your life and gotten used to can be challenging. Start small by purchasing organic eyeshadow. Before you know it, you’ll be replacing all the products in your makeup bag!